Getting Railroads on Track
Remote locomotive monitoring solutions for railroad operators
OMNICOMM provides complete fuel monitoring and fleet management solutions to give rail operators maximum control over their valuable assets, with real-time tracking to avoid dry panes and ensure safe speeds.
Take Back Control over High-Value Assets
Locomotives are expensive to buy and maintain, and railroad operators face numerous challenges that hit bottom line profits.
Ensuring efficiency and uninterrupted operations
Idling engines waste fuel during stops while no productive work is being done, and unexpected fuel shortages (dry panes) cause expensive interruptions.
Technical maintenance and monitoring
Engine parameters and conditions need accurate monitoring to ensure locomotives are treated correctly. For example, starting the engine with non-heated oil can cause serious damage.
Railroad accidents are disastrous to human life, cargo, assets and your reputation. Real-time speed and engine parameter monitoring improves safety.
Complete Fuel & Fleet Management Solution
Rich reporting & real-time information
Feature-rich, resistant to dirt & vibrations
LLD indicator display (optional)
Shows accurate fuel level to locomotive driver
OMNICOMM fuel-level sensor
Most reliable on the market (99.2% accuracy)
The OMNICOMM Edge
Quality & reliability
- Fuel-level sensors with unprecedented accuracy of 99.2%.
- Highly reliable on-board terminals unaffected by difficult conditions.
- On-board terminals connect with external sensors to monitor parameters such as engine & oil temperature, voltage, etc.
- Best-in-class data smoothing/filtration algorithm to deliver meaningful data.
- Advanced reporting with 30+ pre-loaded reports & customization options.
- 5 year warranty on fuel-level sensors.
- Components available as stand-alone products or as a complete fleet management solution.
- Sensors can be connected to many third party terminals.
- Terminals transmit data to OMNICOMM Online or third party fleet management solutions.
- OMNICOMM Online supports many third party trackers and has an open API for integration with other software systems.
- Scalable – add locomotives to the system as needed.
- 20+ years’ experience in real-time monitoring of high-value assets.
- OMNICOMM offers lifetime partner support, high levels of customer support & strong technical training resources.
- Global partner network provides complex solutions & value-added services for customers.
- Market-proven experts in fuel & fleet management, working with customers such as Norilsk Nickel & URAL MINING AND METALLURGICAL COMPANY.
Want to find out more?
Download and read OMNICOMM's white paper on high-value asset management for the railroad industry.
We are a global presence, with a local touch. Our products are distributed to over 110 countries on five continents via our worldwide partner network.
Our trusted partners offer our customers a full range of services, from basic product delivery and installation to value-added consulting and business intelligence analytics to transform your business.
Fill in the form below and we will connect you with the local partner that can best serve your needs.