FUEL EXPENSES REDUCED BY 30%, AND INVESTMENT IN OMNICOMM FOR 460 VEHICLES REPAID IN 3 MONTHS Aeroflot, JSC – a member of Sky Team global airline alliance – is known as one of the top quality air carriers in Eastern Europe.
Aeroflot’s high level of air transportation services is maintained through focused attention to quality and detail.
One of the main parameters of excellence is continuous and reliable operation of all services and departments within a company. After assessing and evaluating existing methods to optimize transportation investment, Aeroflot identified the main priority to be the reduction of fuel consumption at Sheremetyevo international airport. The expense of fuel consumption is the main cost for any company with a fleet of vehicles, the airport is no exception.
After conducting a market survey and analysis of similar systems Aeroflot chose the Omnicomm system which complied with all of their requirements for fleet management. One of the main advantages OmniComm offered was the ability to integrate high-accuracy fuel data into the Aeroflot unified information center. This functionality allowed the Aeroflot to receive a qualitatively different tool for managing its business processes.
- Fuel monitoring and metering;
- Navigation and dispatching system for transport monitoring;
- Implementation of automated security management, quality of service and maintenance costs of transport;
- Integration of vehicle monitoring system with ERP-system SAP.
- Online tracking equipment on the airfield;
- Control of personnel;
- Detailed monitoring of the fleet;
- Efficient use of technology on the airfield;
- Monitoring equipment downtime with engine running.
- Single developer of solutions, manufacturer and supplier of equipment;
- High-quality service;
- Experience in aviation enterprises;
- Omnicomm has successful experience in implementing similar systems at Pulkovo airport in St. Petersburg, Kurumoch airport in Samara, as well as at the airports of Surgut, Tyumen, Minsk and Khanty-Mansiysk. Unlike competing systems in the market, Omnicomm sensors provide precision accurate data on expenditure levels, gas stations and fuel discharges, thereby increasing fleet efficiency and preventing fraud of enterprise resources.
- Responsibility and discipline of personnel working on airfield increased while the risk of incidents, misuse of equipment and emergency situations decreased significantly
- Reduction of fuel purchases and total elimination of fuel fraud
- Reduction of mileage and parts procurement
- Sizeable decrease in maintenance costs and labor
- Using the Omnicomm solution Aeroflot could calculate real fuel consumption per operating hours. Thus, an opportunity to review fleet exploitation resources appeared. It allowed Aeroflot to cut costs for maintenance measurably – after the OmniComm solution was deployed Aeroflot was able to reduce it’s annual procurement program by over $2 Million USD.
- Dead cycle time of ground transportation at the airfield of Sheremetyevo airport was eliminated
- Frequency of refills was optimized. During installation it became clear that the equipment needed refills no more than once a week, therefore a reduced schedule for refills was put in place
- The incentive program for Sheremetyevo airport terminal services personnel, aimed at increasing the economic efficiency of driving, was revised and completely rearranged;
- In harsh weather conditions the performance capabilities of the Omnicomm monitoring system allowed for continued, uninterrupted airline transportation services. Equipment worked perfectly in even the most adverse weather conditions, such as ice storms.
- Omnicomm LLS sensors are designed to work all around the world, from the North Pole to equator, in all climate and weather conditions (99% accuracy from -60° to +80°С). Omnicomm LLS digital fuel level sensors have two interfaces that can be connected to two terminals. Omnicomm LLS-AF analog sensors are actually digital sensors with analog output. This allows the level of precision necessary for proper and efficient fuel control, corresponding to the level of the digital sensors.